Skip To Main Content

Work Permits

Minors employed in the state of California must have a Permit to Employ and Work (commonly referred to as a “work permit”). Work permits are typically issued by the school where the student is enrolled. Work permits indicate the duties and location where the work will be done as well as the number of hours a minor may work. In most cases it is a two-step process, the minor along with the parent/guardian and employer fill out the B1-1 form and submit to the school local to the minor's address. The school district reviews the B1-1 form and issues the B1-4 (Work Permit).

Work Permit Application

Work Permit Requirements & Agreement

  1. Please complete the student info and parent signature.
  2. Have the employer complete their portion and sign it.
  3. Drop the original application & requirement signature page off to Jessica Cokinos at the front desk.
  4. Students may check back the following day at break, lunch or after school if the permit has been approved to pick up and to sign for it.
  5. Please allow for up to two business days to process a work permit.

All work permits must be renewed within the first week of school starting for the current school year. Refer to steps 1-5.

Work Permits