- Are fully credentialed in English and are “Highly Qualified” as per NCLB requirements
- Most have been teaching for a minimum of five years
- Several have Master’s Degrees in Education or English
- Several are graduates of the AVID Institute and Advanced Placement seminars
- Coach sports, advise the Academic Decathlon team, are club advisors, produce and direct the school plays, teach ELL classes, and much more
- Alignment with California State University writing curriculum includes the adoption of the CSU Expository Writing course integrated in all grade levels.
- All teachers are fully trained on, and using, the principles of Common Core in their classrooms.
- Increased access to AP courses; Advanced Placement English Language and Composition at the junior level and at the senior level.
- Literature elective for juniors and seniors.
- Advanced drama for sophomores, juniors and seniors.
- 94-96% of students pass the California High School Exit exam the first time.
- A high percentage of students who take AP English tests earn a passing score.
- California High School Exit Exam intervention and support classes offered.
- Intensive remedial Reading course offered for incoming freshman.
- English Language Learner courses offered.
- Provide rigorous study at all levels
- Each level prepares students for next level of study
- Prepare students for future: college, other secondary education, and career
- Teach effective verbal and written communication
- Teach critical thinking skills
English 1 & 2, Student Advocacy
CSU Expo Reading/Writing, AP Lang & Comp, ARC Dual Enrollment
English 2 & 3
English 2, Honors English 2
CSU Expo Reading/Writing, ARC Dual Enrollment
English II (transition), ELD II (Support)
Honors English 2, AVID III & IV
English 1, Honors English 1, Student Advocacy
Honors English 2, Film & Literature
English 2, Beginning & Advanced Drama
AP English Lit/Comp, Honors English 1
English 3, Freshman Seminar
English 1 & 3, AP Lang & Comp, AP English Lit & Comp
English 1, Yearbook